Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY- Coasters

I've really gotten into crafts since I've been addicted to Pinterest. One of my besties and I had another craft night a couple Friday's ago. It was so funny because by the time we got our materials together (takes longer than you would think!) we weren't getting started until almost 9..so I ended up staying there til after 1 a.m....we are wild party animals, I tell ya! lol. She made a Halloween wreath while I made coasters for my boyfriend and his friend. Her wreath was really cool and was made out of foam and toothpicks..spray painted black.

I stole this pic off Elizabeth's FB : )


I wish I had taken a picture of the coasters I made for Dustin and his friend, Oliver. Dustin's were the Avengers symbols. He really liked them a lot. His friend's coasters were of Magic cards. I think they could have turned out better, but hey it was my first try. ; )

**Took of a picture of these last night with my cell, that's why they aren't very clear but you get the idea :)


So, that gave us the idea to make coasters as a wedding gift for a friend of ours. So, Elizabeth & I bought the tiles at Lowes (16 cents a piece!!) and started brain storming. We wanted something personal so we decided on monogrammed coasters. We found some scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby that had the same colors that she was using in her wedding. Then we printed out the actual monogram at my house (after taking a good while deciding what font etc lol). We mod podged (can that be used as a verb??) the scrapbook paper & the monogrammed paper onto the tile...we did that a couple times. Then we spray painted them with a clear glossy coat, added the felt dots, and they were done! They came out pretty good & our friend loved them! : ) Here's the link of the tutorial we used. We altered it a little.

We were sitting at my Mom's dining room table so we had to put a towel under them ;)

We made four total...I have better pics on Sara's camera but it's late so I'm just uploading cell phone pics.
 I'm super anxious to start working on Christmas crafts. Elizabeth & I need to make another craft date soon to do that! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment