Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Such an amaetur baker

I went shopping with my Mom running errands and what not and we stopped by Aldi to get a few things. I saw a box mix for a no bake cheese cake & thought that would be an easy/quick dessert. The directions were to mix in 1 & 1/2 cups milk and beat til firm then put into graham cracker crust and let chill for about an hour. Easy enough, right? Yeah...unless you are ADD like me and get distracted by everything lol. I was chit chatting with my Mom in the kitchen while putting this simple cheesecake together...when after I was done putting it into the pie crust and putting some mandarin oranges on top (for garnish) that I realized I made a big mistake. I had put 1 & 1/2 cups WATER instead of milk!!! I don't know why in the world I did that... But, it was too late, it was already mixed up. So, I did what any normal person would do...I took some fruity wine I had bought at Aldi and poured a little bit on top of the cheesecake making sure to soak the mandarin oranges. I thought for sure it wasn't going to set up so might as well add a splash of "fun" to it haha. It actually turned out GOOD! I couldn't believe it. lol. I guess in the future I could do that as a 'low calorie' dessert since cutting out that much milk would cut out a bunch of calories. And I'd of course have to leave out the wine haha.


Source
This isn't a picture of the cheesecake I made, but it's close enough. I didn't think about taking a picture of what I thought was going to be a disastrous dessert. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment